Lijiang, in south-west China's Yunnan province, is one of the premier destinations in Asia.
The 800-year old town, on the southern Silk Route - the Tea-Horse Road - attracts visitors from all over the world, drawn to beauty of the old town's cobblestone lanes, tree-lined canals, and views of the majestic 5,600m Jade Snow Dragon mountain.
Despite its popularity, it is difficult to get up-to-date, accurate information about Lijiang and its surroundings.
Now, you've come to the right place to get everything you need to know to enjoy your time exploring the 'Venice of the Orient'.
You will find information on:
- Lijiang old town - Shuhe, Baisha, Naxi orchestra,
- Yulong mountain (Jade Snow Dragon Mountain) - Impression Lijiang show, cablecar
- Trekking Tiger Leaping Gorge, and further afield to Lugu Lake, Shangri-la, Shaxi,
- Naxi-style weddings, match-making events, minority festivals
- Getting to and from Lijiang, via bus, train, plane
As well as providing unbiased information, we also arrange trips, book hotels, provide guiding service, and take care of everything.
Lijiang Guides - keithalyons (at) gmail.com